Monday, February 17, 2014

Finished Objects The Blogger Returns

 I kind of left you with my starting on a project.  This had been in the works for a while.  I found the plain orange-rust yarn, it is a single ply 4 weight 100% wool.  Then I found the same yarn in a multi stripe.  I had always wanted to make a Fair Isle something so here was my chance.  At first the yarn seemed too thin for a 7 or 8 needle, but when I worked on it, it bloomed.  And softened and became yummy.  It was neat to get into the rhythm of knitting Fair Isle, something I have probably not done since I was 20.  My goal was to work on this fake version ( I have 2 more hats in the works) to prepare myself to make a steeked (eeek) sweater.  Or maybe I will just make a flat version, sewing and cutting scares me.



I was really pleased with the finished project.  The hat is a semi beret and the pattern is on my Ravelry projects page.  The next ones I am working on are random Fair Isle patterns.

I also started on baby boy sweaters.  My only married niece was pregnant and we didn't know the sex.  I wanted to make sure to be creative in making boy sweaters.  
I didn't have any baby boy baby yarn kicking around so I got to look for yarns that appealed to me.


This was yarn that I got in a thrift store it is Caron Simply Soft and I ad just enough blue to make the sweater and a hat.


This is yarn from JoAnne's and off the top of my head I cannot remember what it was.


I got this yarn at a thrift store also and decided to make a hat.
And then we had some more company who also had a great time, and all too soon it was time to move out.  

I am very fortunate to have a copy of this picture.  It makes my heart happy and brings me joy.  It is a smaller version and I had enough copies for special people.  

This kind of takes us to the end of October unless I find some more pictures with stories, so good night all.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOooooo! That first yarn… wow, that really pops doesn't it???

    D'v

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really does, and that is what prompted the whole experiment.

      Delete