Wednesday, April 24, 2013

This is the view from a half time house.
We are embarking on a project and I decided it was time for me to blog.  I knit, it is what I do as much as I have time for.  I consign some of my things and others are for family, and extended family.  

We had this incredible opportunity this summer to spend half our time with this kind of view and the other half with our normal view.  So we decided to take a chance and plunge in headfirst and see what happens.

I have been knitting since I was taught by my Polish Busha(grandmother).  She spoke broken English and was an incredible knitter and crocheter.  She won awards at County fairs.  She could create like  you cannot imagine.  She came to America and went to work at Hart Shaffner Marx (sp).  She put buttonholes in men's trousers.  She, her sisters, and her cousins were incredible women.

I knit when I was younger growing up in Northern Michigan, then I went off to college and got a degree in Home Economics.  Married and had a baby and made knitted things for him, then along came another baby and I knitted for her.  Didn't have much time for knitting, made a few things.  Eventually one of my daughter's best friends was having a baby so I decided that something hand knit was the best thing.  Then I made boot socks one Christmas for the whole family.  I found out my work project was ending and knitting became my salvation.  I had more fun doing it than I could imagine, even designing some of my own things.

I am going to chronicle how things progress.  I want to chart my growth and see if I can create some of my own patterns.  This will be an ongoing saga of what is happening in this new challenge, to spend half time four and a half hours away half the month.  We shall see how I will do.  I will post as often as I and tell you about my works in process, and the completed projects.  I hope to learn about you, if I have any readers, and about myself.  

I will also be adding other bloggers, a connection to Ravelry and Pinterest.  And anything else that catches my fancy.  There will be challenges and hopefully I will meet them and succeed.

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging universe… I was going to say world, but I am prone to hyperbole, so there you have it.

    ;-)

    That IS a nice view!

    See you soon…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though, we need to arrange a mini trip to thrift stores and then lunch on the deck. Not this trip probably will send an e-mail and explain all.
      Thank you for the welcome, I have always wanted to do this, there are still some things to add, when I figure them out. HAH!

      Delete
  2. Love the history that has evolved. You are a credit to the women before you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always kind and gracious, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative Auntie!

    ReplyDelete